Z-Ro the Emo: His Most Passionate Songs, Part 1
Before Drake or Kid Cudi, Houston had its very own passionate singer/rapper. The Mo City Don, Z-Ro, has been pouring his heart out on tracks since the '90s. Anybody could catch his melodic and heartbroken wrath, whether ladies, "friends" or enemies.
Here's a look at 15 of Z-Ro's most heartfelt songs, split over two days.
15. "Still Gets No Love" (feat. Trae): Z-Ro teamed up with his cousin Trae for this ABN classic.
All you hoes still gets no love
All you can get is a fuck you
Get mad if you want to
Kiss my Black ass
14. "Light of Mine": Ro took a shot at twisting the old gospel classic for the Mo City Players mixtape.
Everybody been claiming that they still down
But I fear they will try to kill me
Because they cowards
13. "Let It Go": On this song, Z-Ro mentions being fed up with the way things are going with his career and missing old friends.
Can't nobody talk about pain like me and that's a goddamn shame
a nigga been pen-pimpin' since '91
and still in pursuit of my change
12. "Take My Time" (feat. Lil Flip): On the Angel Dust album, Z-Ro linked with Lil Flip about not rushing into relationships with women and the music industry.
Too many years, I done paid the price
You must be smoking
If you think I'ma make you my wife
11. "Never Had Love": Z-Ro passionately professes his non-exsistent love for anyone. He loves his money though.
I'm a million-dollar mack, that's how I carry myself
And can't no woman have my heart
'cause I'm gon' marry myself