10 Rappers In The Guinness Book Of World Records*
*At one point or another
The Guinness Book of World Records has always been a fascinating and somewhat random thing to be a part of. Some people strive to be in the book to get noticed, while others get in the book completely by accident for good and bad things alike. Here's a look at 10 of hip-hop's Guinness World Record holders.
Marco Torres Coming in at No. 10...
10. Lil Wayne: Weezy has been known in hip-hop since he was a teenager. It's no surprise that he holds the record for Most U.S. Hot 100 Hits by a Rap Artist with 64 between 1999 and 2010. Wayne has also recently set a social media Guinness record on facebook with the most "likes" on a single comment in a 24-hour period with 588,243 "likes".
9. Twista: The Chicago native Twista was entered into the 1992 Guinness Book for being the fastest rapper in history, at a rate of 11.2 syllables per second.
8. Chiddy: Chiddy of the rap duo Chiddy Bang holds the most recent Guinness record for longest rap freestyle. He freestyled for 9 hours, 18 minutes, and 22 seconds at MTV's O Awards in Vegas.
7. Tupac Shakur: The late great Tupac Shakur, who died 15 years ago this week, was enshrined in the 2004 Guinness Book for being the highest-selling rap artist. At that time, he had sold more than 67 million album worldwide.
6. Eminem: As controversial and successful member of the hip-hop community as there's ever been, Eminem got his first Guinness record when his second album, The Marshall Mathers LP, became the fastest-selling rap album in a week in 2000 at a clip of 1.76 million copies. Eminem also holds the current record for most "likes" on his official Facebook music page with 42.05 million.