In Case You Missed It...
But, we figured, what with Thanksgiving and Black Friday and traveling to and from your various other holiday ports of call, you may not have had as much time in front a computer as usual. We feel sorry for you, and envy you a little, but either way we thought we'd put together an easy guide to some things you may have missed earlier this week.
Hopefully you can catch up on what we've been doing somewhere between trips to the fridge for leftovers and finally checking your Facebook again. Go ahead... you know you want to...
- Maybe a full-on Pink Floyd reunion would have been better than Roger Waters' recreation of The Wall at Toyota Center, but judging by Pete Vonder Haar and Craig Hlavaty's reviews, it's hard to see how.
- Social Distortion's greaser-punk sounded as good as ever (maybe better), but a minor debate erupted over whether House of Blues was over capacity last Friday or just really, really close.
- Iron & Wine's beard-in-chief, Sam Beam, was sweet, salty and a little silly at a sold-out Fitzgerald's last Sunday.
- Ersher - sorry, Usher - had all the ladies feeling gooooooood at Toyota Center Tuesday.
- Looks like the saga of Ally ASL, whose sign-language interpretations of hit songs were recently removed from YouTube after someone blew the copyright whistle, will have a happy ending after all.
- We know you may have just seen this a couple of hours ago, but give us your two cents: How could we - and by we, we mean all of us - improve Houston's music scene?
- R.I.P. Freddie Mercury. We haven't forgotten you.
- Houston rappers you should familiarize yourself with this week: Will Lean, Thurogood Wordsmith and Cory Mo. And tell us: What do you think Houston's best diss song is?