When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong: 2010 Edition
Dave Chapelle teaches us that the art of "keeping it real" may sometimes go awry. According to urbandictionary.com, this occurs when "in the act of keeping it real, the outcome is unexpected and usually has a negative effect on the individual who decided to keep it real."
Since we're more than halfway through 2010, here's a roundup of our favorite "Keeping It Real" moments.
1. Pink Eats It: If there's one thing we at Rocks Off will never grow tired of, it's watching celebrities eat shit. Pink's July 10 concert in Nuremberg, Germany, was a smash hit... in the worst way possible. The pop star was not properly strapped into a harness intended to hoist her toward the audience, and got catapulted into a stage barricade.
Pink promptly got back on stage to bid the audience adieu. "So I'm not sure but possibly I broke something. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do the last song, but thank you for coming."
Later she tweeted: "Ok all my lovers out there- nothings broken, no fluid in the lungs, just seriously sore. I made that barricade my b*tch!!!! Thanx nurnberg"
Yay! We r happy u r okai, Pink!
2. Justin Beiber Forgets to Hit the Books: Earlier this year, Justin was interviewed for a New Zealand talk show. The host asked him: "True or false: Beiber means 'basketball' in German?" Justin appeared confused, so the host repeated the question several times, even showing the tweeny-bopper his prompt. Still...*crickets*
Then the following exchange ensued:
Host: "German. German. German. Here, on the card."
Beiber: "German? German? I don't know what that mean... We don't say that in America."
Apparently you don't have to be fully literate to get Dr. Dre to make beats for you. Stay in school, kids.
3. Miley Cyrus "Forgets" Clothing Item at Home: Blogger Perez Hilton first released photos of Miley Cyrus allegedly sans underwear, and was soon under fire for what could be deemed distribution of child pornography, considering that Miley's only 17. Hilton later claimed the photos were fake.
Personally, generally speaking, we at Rocks Off have no problem with the commando look. We just think that there are very few people who can pull it off successfully. As a result, it is our humble opinion that everyone's default underwear status should be "on." For a 17-year-old girl, the look is tacky and unsanitary at best and ho-baggish at worst.
4. Hilary Duff Thrilled About Recent Engagement: Hillary Duff sure knows how to celebrate her recent engagement to NHL player Mike Comrie.
Hilary's reaction to her new one million-dollar rock? Crying. Cell-phone pictures of the ring texted to her friends. And then a trip downtown.
Let this be a lesson to all you engagement ring-shopping dudes out there. Pick a nice one.
5. CDC Announces Britney Spears' Weave is Contagious: No, seriously. It is. Take a look for yourself.