Kanye West's New Toy: Twitter
If there was any other pop-culture wonder in need of a worldwide soapbox to spout off from it was Kanye West. Yesterday sweet dreams became a beautiful nightmare when West got his own verified Twitter account, @kanyewest. Little wonder this comes right before the run-up of publicity for his new album, an as-yet-untitled September disc.
The new album's first single, "Power," shows the old side of West that we remember from his first three albums, the school trilogy. Gone are the icy beats from 2008's emo-licious 808's & Heartbreak, and in comes a choice King Crimson sample and West's trademark braggadocio.
We missed that Kanye. He's the shit, and the urine.
So far his tweets haven't been that different from most other rappers we follow. The boy loves exclamation points, and never met a CAPS LOCK BUTTON HE DIDN'T LIKE. There's even a brand new start-up Twitter account now looking to curb his rife of grammar issues, @KanyeGrammar.
It only took him less than 24 hours to accumulate almost 250,000 followers. So far he is not following anyone, and we sort of like it that way. He's not as involved as Houston's own Slim Thug as far as talking back to followers, but you never know when he will interrupt Taylor Swift's stream. That sounds dirtier than it should have. Two urine references in the same blog for the win.
Kanye does Twitpics, too!
And Jesus Christ, Kanye be shopping. It's like following Paris Hilton or something. He loves silverware, glasses, Hermes bags, fine china and Leonard Bernstein. Aside from the music-centric tweets, you would think he was an old grandmother live-tweeting an estate sale.
So far we have these gems from West, with the promise of tons more. Hopefully this isn't just a publicity ploy, and he actually sticks around. Drunken Kanye tweets will be the things dreams are made of. He's got a long way until he reaches Jose Canseco or Nick Nolte territory, but that could change during the course of a release party and a bottle of Cristal.
• Up early in the morning taking meetings in Silicone Valley
• Lol I spelled Silicon wrong ( I guess I was still thinking about the other type of silicone ITS A PROCESS!! : )
• awwwww man this is addictive I might get in trouble on here!!!!
• I wish I had a Twitter when I was at the Lanvin store in Paris 3 weeks ago with Jay & B uuuuugh so many missed stuntastic moments
• 120,000!! This is way to much I need a moment!!! Can I quote myself or is that like talking in 3rd person which Kanye loves to do LOL
• I know I'm late but predictingkanyetweets is trending ineedamoment
• Is the Versace sofa to hood? Might need to cover it in plastic!!!
• cool ain't cool no more,it's a new day education is the new motivation truth taste and beauty let's raise our children better than us
• Dating models I had to learn to like small dogs and cigarettes
• Leonard Bernstein is the shit!!! Hit flute player is snapping write now!!! Are those Christmas bells?
• I specifically ordered persian rugs with cherub imagery!!! What do I have to do to get a simple persian rug with cherub imagery uuuuugh