Houston Vinyl Junkies May Get Some Relief Soon
• Above is a video from Arthur Yoria's Web site which seems to document his recently wrapped-up "Protest Jingle" tour, but it was posted with commentary so we aren't 100% sure.
• It's a quiet start to the week around these parts. Magnolia City Mixtape thinks most of Houston's music blogosphere took the holiday weekend off, but we still have some midsummer news for you, like this engaging interview Culturemap did with Houston's own Bama Boyz, recently named one of Billboard's 10 Songwriters and Producers to Watch.
• Friday, Darwin's Finches will celebrate the release of their new CD at Walters with a bevy of other Houston bands by their side. The $10 cover gets you a free CD at the door. The show's poster looks fantastic too.
• One of our favorite local music blogs, Space City Rock, recently underwent a major Web 2.0 makeover.
• Something Fierce released a demo of their new song, "Future Punks" on their MySpace. The band kicks off a West Coast tour in August.