ENDA, Cruz/Cornyn and the Wrong Side of History
5. "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say: "You helped this happen." Jerry Falwell on 9/11
6. "That cracker made a lot of African-American millionaires." Rush Limbaugh, on the death of longtime New York Yankees owner George Steinbrenner, July 13, 2010
7. "The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians." Pat Robertson
8. "The white people of the South are the greatest minority in this nation. They deserve consideration and understanding instead of the persecution of twisted propaganda." Strom Thurmond
9. "I want to say this about my state. When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years either." Trent Lott (2002)
10. "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice." Martin Luther King, Jr.
Yes, that last one was intentional. Cruz and Cornyn might think about it.