25 Random Thoughts on This Upcoming Astros Season
25. The first Astros pitcher to collect a loss will be Brett Myers when he blows a save -- that save will probably be blown by way of a home run.
24. Jim Crane will fire Milo Hamilton in mid-May after Crane, stuck in his car and not able to make a home game, gets pissed that the only thing he learns is what Milo had for lunch.
23. What number will be higher? The number of home runs hit by Carlos Lee or the number of games missed by new shortstop Jed Lowrie?
22. On the plus side, the Astros aren't the Chicago Cubs.
21. At some point around the All-Star break, Jeff Luhnow will snap and, instead of implying that Ed Wade's an idiot, will come right out and say it.
20. The Astros will not lose more than 100 games this season.
19. Hey, this is the last year of Brandon Lyon's contract.
18. The Astros will be bad this season, but they won't be the worst team in major league baseball.
17. Games will be shorter this season as Humberto Quintero won't be around to throw down to first base after every pitch.
16. Carlos Lee will run at some point this season. It might be to the buffet, but at some point, he'll attempt to flash some speed.
15. If you want to catch a home run ball, be sure to go to a game when J.A. Happ's pitching.
14. How is J.A. Happ still in a major league rotation?
13. Chris Johnson will excel at third base, both on offense and defense.
12. Hey, did you know the Astros are moving to the American League West next season?
11. Which will be higher: Carlos Lee's batting average, or his weight?