2011 NBA Slam Dunk Contest Video Recap
Travel day today back from Phoenix, so I'm submitting the ultimate Cliffs Notes version of dominant performances during the NBA All Star weekend. (I'll be back at full blog strength tomorrow.)
Justin Bieber, your All-Star MVP
- Justin Bieber was named most valuable player of the celebrity game on the strength of a surprisingly quick crossover dribble and the blind adoration of thousands of preteen girls. He promptly fulfilled his contractual obligations by giving Usher 90 percent of the MVP trophy.
- James Jones won the three-point shooting contest and promptly received a five-year, $75 million offer from Isiah Thomas to come play two guard for him at Florida International.
- Despite vehement protest from Christina Aguilera, Josh Groban welcomed "the ramparts" back to the national anthem.
- Apparently there were people watching Rihanna's lips because Twitter was littered with tweets about her lack of lip-synching skills. I never made it past her thighs and fruity booty. BIG fan of Rihanna.
- Kobe said all sorts of bullshit about it being time for the younger generation to take over and then promptly went out and took 26 shots, one short of the All Star game record.
BLAKE GRIFFIN (Winner)
Listen to Sean Pendergast on 1560 The Game from noon to 3 p.m. weekdays and follow him on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SeanCablinasian.