Slap On the Wrist for Rich Doctor Who Molested Young Girls
|The animal world equivalent of Klem's punishment|
If you'll recall, Klem was the guy who showed that, in Jefferson and Harris counties, you can get a slap on the wrist for pleading guilty to fondling young girls as long as you're a doctor with enough dough to hire a good attorney. Klem was sentenced to six months in jail for his Jefferson County conviction -- but they were kind enough to let him serve his time on the weekends.
The Board on August 21 stayed a suspension of Klem's license, and Klem agreed to the following conditions (amond others):
- No "direct or indirect contact" with patients under 21
- When treating patients 21 and older, a chaperone must be present
- He must practice in a group or institutional setting
- Must see a Board-approved psychiatrist and follow that psychiatrist's recommendations
- Must take and pass the Texas Medical Jurisprudence Examination within one year
- Must pay a $5,000 administrative penalty within 90 days
Any violations of the order would result in an immediate suspension.
We're just wondering what he'll tell the patients if they ask why a "chaperone" is hanging out in the room during the visit, playing sudoku in the corner while keeping one eye on the doc'. But we're sure Klem will think of something.