Astros' New Slogan: We Improve It Nine Different Ways
It's ""Root. Root. Root."
CAN YOU FEEL THE POWER?!?!
The team says "the slogan, inspired by the song Take Me Out To The Ballgame, will be prominently displayed on banners around and inside Minute Maid Park this season."
We have some better suggestions:
9. "Moot. Moot. Moot." -- What the point of discussing the team's title chances are.
8. "Schrute. Schrute. Schrute." -- Because the Astros are definitely Dwight Schrute-like and totally live up to his acronym "Determined, Worker, Intense, Good worker, Hard worker, Terrific." As much as he does.
7. "Coot. Coot. Coot." -- Actually, thew blew their chance at this; it would have fit well with some of the aged, decrepit veterans they were throwing out there before the rebuilding began in earnest.
5. "Loot. Loot. Loot." -- In honor of what other teams did to former GM Ed Wade.
4. "Mute. Mute. Mute." -- What fans do when Milo Hamilton takes over the play-by-play.
3. "Hoot. Hoot. Hoot." -- Since fans are always hooting with laughter at Carlos Lee's efforts to play the field or run out a grounder, you might as well take advantage of it with a slogan.
2. "Cute. Cute. Cute." -- Tiny little Jose Altuve, trying his wee heart out.
1. "Newt. Newt. Newt." -- The Astros' chances of winning the division are about equal to Gingrich getting the GOP nod, although we would greatly enjoy it if both things happened.
Follow Hair Balls News on Facebook and on Twitter @HairBallsNews.