Famous Last Words, Jester Unit Style
Let's do it, Gary.
But, until now, we've never known if Texas's executees were as sharp as Gilmore: TDCJ has made available the last words of folks it's helped shuffle off this mortal coil since 1982. They range from the mundane to the poetic to the absurd. See if you can tell the real ones from the red herrings. (These are excerpted from their full statements.)
1) "Ironic, isn't it? I'm a cross."
2) "As the ocean always returns to itself, love always returns to itself."
3) "I just love everybody, and that's it."
4) "Oy vey, that's a big needle!"
5) "I'm still warm from the pepper gas."
6) "Wait -- so it turns out St. Elsewhere was just some retarded kid's fantasy? You're shitting me."
7) "If it matters to anyone, I did not kill Olga."
8) "I already gave my statement."
9) "King Kong ain't got nothin' on me!"
10) "Let's do it, man. Lock and load. Ain't life a [expletive deleted]?"
**answers: 4, 6, and 9 are the fakes. As if you didn't know.