Handicapping Houston Restaurant Weeks 2013: Your Guide to the Best Meals and Deals
It's that time of year again, so loosen those belts and start practicing your overeating skills...Houston Restaurant Weeks is back!
We've already counted more than 150 participating restaurants, and more are being added up until July 31. With so many places to choose from and so little time (OK, it's a month, but still) HRW can be difficult to navigate. That's why we've created this handy guide to help you choose where to go and what to eat.
Want some killer southern food? Not sure where to go for live music? Aching for some surf and turf? Looking for four courses for the price of three? We got you covered.
According to the HRW site, here's how it's all gonna go down:
- Two-to-three-course lunch menus are $20; $3 of that goes to your area food bank
- Two-to-three-course brunch menus are $20; $3 of that goes to your area food bank
- Three-to-four-course brunch menus are $35; $5 of that goes to your area food bank
- Some three-to-four-course dinner menus are $35; $5 of that goes to your area food bank
- Some three-to-four-course dinner menus are $45; $7 of that goes to your area food bank
You can also donate an additional $10 by texting "HRW" to 20222
This year's HRW runs from August 1 through September 2, and participating restaurants will be offering Restaurant Weeks deals for specific meals any day they are open during this time.
Photo by Troy Fields Sorrel is offering a special bunch for HRW.
These five restaurants offer special brunch menus, so bring your friends and spend a lazy afternoon eating for charity.