Big Savings on Caribbean RumFest Passes, Sparrow Bar + Cookshop, Union Kitchen, and More
How does an evening of Caribbean food, music, and cocktails sound? Today's Houston Press Voice Daily Deal is good for half-off your choice of passes for the Third Annual Caribbean RumFest, August 16-17, 2013:
• $30 for $60 off of general admission passes (four rum sample tickets per day, souvenir shot glass)
• $100 for $200 on VIP passes (unlimited rum samples, entrance to all VIP areas, complimentary parking/shuttle services, select complimentary RumFest activities, souvenir shot glass, festival guide, entry to RumFest after-party and VIP section)
• $15 for $30 on Designated Driver admission (no alcohol, souvenir t-shirt)
Held at the House of Dereon Media Center in Midtown, the Caribbean RumFest celebrates, promotes, showcases, and educates the community on the history and culture of the Caribbean.
You must be 21 or older and present a valid ID to enter the festival, and the purchaser of the tickets must be present to redeem admission. See deal for festival admission hours.
• Save up to 57 percent off on contemporary American food at The Union Kitchen (Bellaire or Memorial). Your choice of a $45 dinner for two on Friday or Saturday night ($81 value) or an $80 dinner for four on a Friday or Saturday night ($162 value). Voucher expires 8/28/13, limit one per person, two additional as gifts; limit one per table, valid only for option purchased, and reservations are required.
• Save 50 percent ($10 for $20) on modern American fare at Sparrow Bar + Cookshop. Limit one voucher per person, two additional as gifts; limit one voucher per table. Dine-in only, valid only for lunch from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. See deal for additional restrictions, voucher expires 11/6/13.
• Save up to 55 percent off a four-course, prix fixe dinner for two, four, or six at Charivari. Limit one voucher per person, two additional as gifts; limit one voucher per table. Vouchers expire 120 days after purchase, valid for option purchased only, dine-in only.
• Save 50 percent on your choice of two deals at Simply Pho: $10 for $20 worth of food for two or $20 for $40 worth of food for four. Vouchers expire 180 days after purchase; limit one per person, one per table; dine-in only. Vouchers valid only for option purchased.
• Save 65 percent on a sommelier-led wine class at the Cellar Door (Katy). Enjoy a wine education class with cheese and chocolate pairings at Katy's first and only winery, where wine classes are held every Saturday at 1:30 and 4 p.m. Vouchers can be redeemed now through 12/14/13; reservations are required.
• Save 51 percent on a four-course Italian dinner for two or four at Papa Mio. Vouchers can be redeemed now through 8/23/13; limit one per table. Reservations are required, dine-in only; additional restrictions apply, see deal for details.
• Enjoy an exclusive, 6-course Maurizio Ferrarese menu for two at Quattro at Four Seasons for just $89. With courses ranging from an amuse bouche and antipasto to sea bass to cannolo for dessert, this is a don't-miss deal from Travelzoo. Vouchers can be redeemed now through 7/31/13; limit one voucher purchase per person, additional as gifts; limit two vouchers per table; reservations are required.
• Unlimited brunch for two for $19 at Birraporetti's in Friendswood ($38 value). Vouchers can be redeemed 6/2/13 through 9/1/13; valid at Friendswood location only, and bottomless bellinis and mimosas are not included. Reservations are required, and brunch is served on Sundays only. See deal for additional rules.