25 Dishes and Drinks to Make This Summer
Now that we are past Memorial Day weekend, it is (un)officially summertime -- time for swimming, playing outside, cooking delicious meals and treats, and mixing up drinks.
thebittenword.com Grill pizzas outside rather than baking them in the oven.
We have 25 dishes and drinks for you to make all summer long. Some are classic and some will help expand your palate. Make something interesting and delicious all summer long.
25. Grilled Pizzas: Take your pizzas outside this summer and grill flatbread dough or regular pizza dough with olive oil over direct heat, then finish with any toppings for a delicious meal any night of the week.
24. Sun Tea: Fill a large glass jug with water, place the appropriate ratio of tea bags to water in the jug and let the sun do the work. The hotter the sun, the faster the tea steeps. Sweeten with a little sugar and enjoy a glass of tea with a smooth, mellow finish.
thirtyseven If it's super sunny outside, make some tea.
23. Grilled Caesar Salad: Who says salad has to be boring? Grill your Romaine lettuce leaves and toss with your favorite Caesar salad dressing and croutons -- maybe you can grill those, too.
22. Southern Banana Pudding Pies: You can't go wrong with a little banana pudding for dessert. Make these miniature banana pudding pies with marshmallows, meringue or whipped cream and, of course, Nilla wafers for a treat you can't resist.
21. Old-Fashioned Lemonade: Sugar, water and lemon juice -- it doesn't get any simpler than that. Travel back to your childhood by making a pitcher of sweet and tart old-fashioned lemonade.
20. Hand Churned Ice Cream: Get the kids involved in this process and whip up your own ice cream. Of course, you will need an ice cream maker or churner, but when the whole family helps out, it's so much fun and tastes just as good and sometimes better than store-bought ice cream.
najjie Make homemade popsicles with your kids this summer.
19. Homemade Popsicles: All you need are Popsicle molds and fresh fruit, juice and corn syrup or simple syrup. Blend it all together and fold in fresh fruit, then place the mixture into the molds, freeze and enjoy.
18. Homemade Cherry Limeade: While Sonic's Cherry Limeades are delicious, it's always fun to re-create them at home. Mix together lemon-lime soda, lime juice, sugar and maraschino cherries with the juice and limes for a sweet-tart and refreshing treat.
17. Crab Cake Sliders: Food Network Magazine offers this recipe idea in its latest issue. Whip up your favorite crab cake recipe, then assemble a crab cake on miniature potato buns for a sweet addition and serve with bacon, lemon mayonnaise, red onion, tomatoes and lettuce.