Top Five Cutest Baby Dining Accessories
A baby boom among my circle of friends has alerted me to the diverse world of child cuisine. I've gotten a kick out of eating some "baby" foods (such an exclusionary label, really), and recently I've been cooing over the cuteness that is kiddie dining accessories.
www.neatoshop.com My No. 1 pick.
Here are five I just might buy...even without the pitter-patter of tiny feet.
5. Chew Chew Train. I always wanted to eat dinner on a train. Now I can. Har. But seriously, it's pretty rad that the engine and boxcar fold out to reveal a cup, two plates, fork, spoon and bowl (with removable lid!). Gendered colors (pink and blue) available.
4. Bad-Ass Bibs. Oh, what, only babies spill food on themselves? C'mon, folks, how many little white dresses would be saved if it were more socially acceptable to wear bibs?
3. Souper! Spoon. Makes consomme a whole lot more fun. Also cool is "impaling" the souper hero in a large scoop of ice cream. I hope this thing paves the way for more utensil-action figure hybrids.
2. Mr./Ms. Food Face Plate. Like Mr. Potato Head in plate form. Gravy beards, pasta manes, sausage mustaches...the possibilities for fun food facial features are endless.
1. Twirling Spaghetti Fork. Using utensils adeptly can definitely be a challenge for little tykes...and 30-year-old women. Now the perfect spaghetti twirl is within my grasp, though I'll also need two AAA batteries.
Follow Eating Our Words on Facebook and on Twitter @EatingOurWords