50 Things We Learned From the 2013 Year in Movies
17. Jake Gyllenhall wasn't given and probably won't get enough credit for his unbelievably fiery performances in Prisoners and End of Watch.
18. Man, the Coen Brothers truly hate all people.
19. You weren't alone if you did the eye-roll during the trailer for Runner, Runner, the one about online gambling with Justin Timberlake.
20. Benedict Cumberbatch is a dragon now -- forever, OK?
21. Martin Scorcese isn't fucking around.
22. Adam Sandler is totally fucking around.
23. M. Night Shyamalan officially became the Willy Loman of Hollywood filmmaking.
24. For horror, creepy omniscient children are out. Hardcore, furniture-hopping possession is in.